Monday, June 14, 2010

Solanin is Perfection


I read Solanin a couple of months ago and I loved it! It's one of those few manga that really connects with the reader. The art work is pleasing and matches the vibe of the story very well. I cried, I laughed-blah blah blah. It's better than that though, it truly is. Solanin definitely captures the restlessness of young adulthood and the indecision/fear that goes along with it. If you are somewhere in between your high school graduation and having the perfect job then reading this manga will mean so much to the current frenzy your life is in. But what do I know, really? My outlook on the future is bleak at best and my motivation is nonexistent. Although life can be terrible and miserable, Solanin made me feel a little bit better about it. The next time I have 19 or so dollars to spend I will be buying the book (complete with all volumes) at my nearest Barnes and Noble. On a final note, I saw a preview for the movie adaptation and will watch is as soon as it is available and translated. If only I was fluent in Japanese...

No comments:

Post a Comment